Shri Sakthikailassh Women's College was established in the year 2004 to mark a milestone in Women Education and Empowerment. The college is run by Om Sri Vivekananda Educational Trust. Shri Sakthikailassh Women’s College is the First Self – Financing Women’s College affiliated to Periyar University, Salem. The college with its motto “Character is power” offers not only quality education to young women, but also imparts traditional and cultural values. It is exhilarating to know that Shri Sakthikailassh Women’s College makes a striking contribution in rendering sterling service in the field of education. The institution moulds the lives of young women to be independent and responsible citizens. Education is a significant tool that is applied in the contemporary world to succeed as it mitigates the challenges which are faced in life as truly said that, “Education is the most powerful weapon that can be used to change the world”. The institution emphasizes critical learning that provides students with internship and other tools to learn skills through direct experience by encouraging and supporting entrepreneurship. The institution plays a pivotal role in imparting student – centric skill development and quality education of global dimensions to produce potential students to face the challenges of the technological world. The college offers 22 UG Programmes, 10 PG Programmes and 7 Research studies. The biggest asset of our college is its devoted administration and a dedicated team of faculty members.
Roadmap of Sakthikailassh
- 2004 – Established 5 UG Courses
- 2005 – 8 UG courses with 494 students
- 2006 – Established PG Courses
- 2008 – ISO Certified Institution
- 2010 – Best Educational Institution Award by Bharathi Yuva Kendra, Madurai
- 2011 – Inception of M.Phil Programmes & Best Educational Performer Award District Level by Ministry of youth Affairs & Sports
- 2012 – Permanent Affiliation for 3 courses
- 2013 – Recognized under 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act 1956
- 2014 – Only college in Tamilnadu to Sign MoU with ICSI
- 2015 – Champions in HandBall and won cash award of Rs 6 Lakhs in Chief Minister Trophy
- 2016 – Bagged Gold medals in all Research Programmes
- 2017 – Outstanding College under Periyar University as Nodal centre for IIT Bombay-Spoken Tutorial
- 2018 – Top in Placement among 102 colleges in Periyar University with 1589 offers and Consecutive 9 years winner in Handball.
- 2019 – Attained 8th Position in All India Level IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorial Usage among 1881 Colleges.
- 2020 – Attaining NAAC Accreditation
- 2022 – To obtain Autonomous status
- 2025 –Enternig into top 25 Leading Institutions in Tamilnadu
- Consecutive No.1 Position in Placement among 102 colleges in Salem, Namakkal, Dharmapuri & Krishnagiri Districts with 1929 job offers.
- Consecutive 10 years winner in Handball.
- Attained 5th position in Tamil Nadu Level IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorial usage among 201 colleges, 8th position in All India Level among 1881 colleges
- Holds largest YI Membership from all over India.
- Best Institution Award by Rotary club, Jennys Educational and Charitable Trust and Kalam Manavargal Iyakam.
- Esteemed Award from Salem District Collector for Hand wash Day.
- Trustful Women Empowerment Best Educational Institution Award
- Under UBA scheme 5 villages have been adopted for enriching rural India.